£26,000-£30,000 + Holiday + Pension + Benefits
Materials Manager required for a growing and successful company in the Luton area who specialise in a variety of engineering works such as Pressing, Welding and Tube Bending. They have just implemented a new MRP system and need a motivated Materials Manager to join them.
The ideal Materials Manager will have experience of ordering parts, components and materials for the Steel Industry or an Industrial Engineering environment. You will be familiar with all aspects of purchasing and scheduling and dealing with suppliers via email and over the phone. Your role will be predominately desk based and a small team of 2 goods inward personnel will be reporting into you.
Candidates who have experience of with dealing with MRP (Materials Requirements Planning) systems such as MIE-Trak Pro or SAGE would be advantageous as the company has just implemented a new system and a candidate that could offer advice and assistance would be useful. As there has been some changes to the structure of the business due to growth, this is an opportunity which will provide progression in the future for the right candidate.
* Materials Manager
* Ordering materials including laser cut, machined, tube and consumable parts for the company
* Using, inputting and advising with an MRP system such as MIE-Track
* Scheduling and admin using systems such as Excel
* Dealing with the production team to meet targets
* Ensuring production is supplied with the parts and stock levels are always maintained within agreed quantities
* Previous experience in a similar role such as Materials Management or purchasing/procurement
* Ideally from an industrial engineering type manufacturer processing steel parts
* Previous experience using MRP systems a distinct advantage
* Excellent confident telephone manner essential.
* Ability to negotiate with and build strong supplier relationships is a must