£30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience + Monthly Bonus + Overtime at 1.5 x base rate after 39 hours + Contributory Pension Plan
Design Engineer required within a highly successful and continually growing manufacturer offering fantastic levels of training and career development opportunities.
The role will be suited to engineers from a Mechanical degree background with 2D and 3D design/modelling experience. The company use Inventor and Vault design packages, all design package experience is applicable as full training can be provided.
The role will involve customer contact mainly over the phone to understand the needs and work from technical drawings/documents from which you will comprise BOM’s, costings and timescales for the project. You will require an understanding the CNC machining capability to ensure the designs are fully feasible and within project estimates, this role will be biased by up to 80% towards the 2D and 3D design elements although the direct client communication is key and some travel to client locations will be occasionally required, a driving licence is not essential for this role.
The company are a specialist in providing sheet metal based solutions for IT and communications equipment and applications predominantly and have been in a period of growth and are in a very strong positon making this a great time to join.
The role in Brief:
* Project Design role from initial enquiry to final designs for manufacture.
* Design a range of sheet based applications within a CNC manufacturing environment
* Use of 2D and 3D design packages
* Direct client communication and consultation
* Create BOM’s, Costings and timescales in line with machining capability within projects
* Occasional travel to client sites for face to face meetings as required
The Person Required:
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent as a minimum in a relevant engineering qualification
* 2D/3D design experience
* Proven experince of design for manufacturer within a manufacturing environment