Quality Engineer (Senior/Mechanical)
Ilminster, Somerset (Commutable from Taunton, Yeovil, Chard, Glastonbury, Bridgwater, Shepton Mallet)
£37,000 + 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Monday to Friday 8:00 to 4:30 & 1:30 finish on a Friday
Senior Quality Engineer required within a mechanical manufacturing company that can offering exposure to global projects and fantastic career progression opportunities.
The role will suit those looking to join a very reputable business in a varied role covering product, manufacturing and supplier quality. To apply for the role you need to have quality engineering experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the Quality Manager this is a Senior Quality Engineer position. You will be involved with hands on and hands off work that covers manufacturing, supplier and customer quality issues. You will also support the quality engineers/inspectors when needed offering support and guidance. This position plays a key part in problem solving and any continuous improvement activities.
Renowned for being a true market leader, our client has a diverse customer base. It supplies to some of the biggest names in aerospace and rail as well as tier 1 automotive companies.
* PPAP and FMEA
* ISO9001 quality management and documentation
* Use of hands tools to do measurement, investigation and analysis of customer returns
* Customer complaints handling using 8d process
*Internal and supplier auditing.
* Route cause analysis using problem solving techniques
* Maintenance of the internal audit schedule performing internal audits
* Quality Improvement projects
* Will have broad based quality experience gained from working in any mechanical manufacturing company.
* Experience in ISO9001, PPAP’s FMEA and auditing.
* Qualifications are a bonus and not essential.